
August 6 was my lovely birthday, and I was lucky enough to spend most of the day ALONE! Lilly and Claire spent the day with their childcare mom, Monica. This was Claire's first day there, and though I was a bit apprehensive of her reaction to the new environment, she ended up doing very well. Of course, for those of you who know Monica, you know that she is extremely patient and loving with all kids.
I started the day with a trip to Starbuck's with Ang and Cristy. We shared great conversation and iced lattes. YUM! From there I met Liz and her boys for lunch. As we left the restaurant local firemen pulled up and asked the boys if they wanted to see inside the firetruck. What a treat! After the firetruck tour, I went to the mall ALONE! I was actually able to browse the racks, talk on my cell phone and travel from store to store without worrying about diapers or snacks. I have to admit I had to remind myself that I did not leave Claire in the car... that she was at Monica's safe and sound. After the mall I stopped at various stores in my quest to find the perfect sheets. Getting in and out of the car at 110 degrees was much easier without kids, of course.
Rob and I ended the day with a fabulous birthday meal at The Keg. Yum Yum and Yum. This is my one time a year when I eat a nice beef fillet. The kids, of course, were not with us and were still at Monica's. To top off my fabulous birthday, we all enjoyed a slice of heavenly chocolate raspberry cake. My dear friend Andrea (all the way in Missouri) ordered it from AJ's for me. This was a sincere treat and meant a lot!! (See the picture above).
Birthday's just can't get any better than this!
No comments:
Post a Comment