Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kansas- spring break 2010

We'd counted down for weeks, and Lilly was especially excited to ride on the airplane to visit everyone in Kansas for spring break. At the airport, I was given many looks of sympathy from other moms as I sat there at 6am with 1 double stroller, 4 carry-on bags and 2 children who were not yet fully awake nor behaving appropriately. When asked where we were going. Lilly promptly replied, "to see Grammy and Nana." When the flight landed, one of the ladies told Lilly, "Have fun with Grammy and Nana." Lilly turned to me in amazement and said, "Mom, that lady knows Grammy and Nana!" Too cute. As with all trips to Kansas, this one was jam packed with things to do and too short of a week to see everyone.
Here's Lilly, Emma and Kate about to enjoy cupcakes at Sugar Sister's Cafe after Nana treated them to Pinkalicious, the musical, at the Crown Uptown Theater. Delish!
 Baby Caroline Jean joined the family in February, and we were delighted to meet her... congrats to aunt Amy! Claire was especially fascinated with "baby." She asked to hold her a lot, but each cuddle was short- a few seconds before Claire tried to push Caroline on the floor. I remember Lilly doing the same thing at that age when Claire was born.
Here's Lilly and her new cousin
When we arrived at Nana's house, her yard was decorated with giant Easter eggs. The girls rearranged them every day- quite the entertainment for them. Here's a peek of Claire with one of the "baby" eggs. The large pink one on the background is the "Mommy" egg, the large blue one is, of course, the "Daddy" egg and the large yellow one is the "Grandma" egg- Lilly has it all figured out.
Kate got in on the egg action too.
We were able to spend time with cousins Elena and Isabel also, but I'm embarrassed to say I didn't take any photos. I know. I know. I am ashamed I did not take more photos during our trip. I will post more later.

No comments: