Lilly asked Santa over and over for a "lip gloss house." We couldn't really figure out what she was talking about, but I assumed it was a giant case of different kinds of lip gloss. Santa wisely left the lip gloss house out of the bag of delivered Christmas goods, but he did put a few lip gloss items in each of their stockings; we now know Santa made a big mistake. While Lilly has the self control to only use a little at a time, Claire thinks of lip gloss as a sort of finger paint beautification cream. And as a result we have lip gloss on several of our walls. This morning Claire walked in to the dining room with pink lip gloss all over her face and hands. Once I cleaned her up, I asked, "Claire, where is the rest of the lip gloss?" She eagerly led me to her bedroom, where she showed me the fresh makeover she had given her portable DVD player...
I was able to clean it, but the walls are another story. Because lip gloss is so greasy, I think the walls will require a fresh coat of paint. Rats! No more lip gloss for at least a year! Thanks a lot, Santa!

No comments:
Post a Comment