Our little Lilly is growing fast; next year she will be in kindergarten- WOW! She continues to do well in preschool- can spell her first and last name, knows all of the letter sounds and is reading on a basic level. She is quite the little character and is lots of fun to be around. There were quite a few photos of her on the camera, so I thought she'd want to share a little of what she's been up to this month.
Hair... she likes to wear things in her hair. I think this is a new influence from the other girls at school who all seem to have outrageously long hair. I keep telling her short hair looks best, but I don't think she's convinced.
Lilly has been asking for almost a year to fly her kite. It's just never windy enough here! So, one afternoon, thanks to a slight breeze, Lilly was able to sort-of fly her kite in the backyard. She ran 'round and 'round, but it never really took flight. Perhaps we should take the kite to Kansas! The picture is blurry, but you've got to love that smile! You earn an "A" for effort, Lilly!
Lilly will be a flower girl in Aunt Coco's upcoming wedding, and boy is she excited!! I had the pleasure of taking her to the bridal store to try on the dress and shoes. Here she is just after we came home with the dress. She is taking this job seriously- she convinced Aunt Coco to let her wear gloves. And, of course, she picked the elbow length gloves. She wanted a veil too, but I nixed that.
Lilly is excited to begin practicing her role as a flower girl. Or, as this picture shows, a ballerina dancing down the aisle. Watch out Aunt Coco, Lilly just might steal the show.
Lilly loves art. She will spend hours drawing, painting, cutting, molding and writing. So today, she painted this picture, and she wanted me to take a picture of it. Once it dries, she has plans to hang it in the backyard for decoration.
Lilly, you are so much fun! I love you dearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment