Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ruby Slippers

In preparation for Halloween, I bought a pair of sparkle shoes from Target to match Lilly's  costume. Of course, the sparkle slippers have turned into everyday shoes. Not only does Lilly like them, but Claire likes them too.
On with the story...
Before bed, we always lay out clothes for the next day; this makes it easier for the girls to get dressed in the morning. And so, a few nights ago, Lilly selected clothes and the new sparkle shoes, then placed them on the trunk at the foot of her bed. After saying goodnight to Lilly, I noticed the sparkle shoes were missing from the trunk. I rememberd that while Lilly was reading, Claire briefly stopped by. She must have taken the shoes.
I quietly walked into Claire's room to find her sound asleep. When I pulled back the blanket that covered her feet, this is what I found...
Ah ha! She had taken the shoes to bed, literally.
Don't we all sleep better when wearing red sparkle shoes?
And so, today, Claire and I took a trip to Target to buy sparkle shoes of her own... pink ones!

No comments: