Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Barbie time

At times I wonder where my big girls are, but then I remember they are in the basement... playing Barbie. Lilly and Claire can stay down there for hours upon hours playing Barbie. They have vast imaginations, and if you take time to listen to their play, it is quite humorous.
We used to have only a few Barbies... but then Christmas 2011 came and Nana gave the girls a Barbie Corvette, Jeep and horse trailer she found at our favorite Kansas flea market. The girls thought they were in heaven. Fast forward a few more months and a true gift from heaven knocked at the door one evening. Actually, the gift began as a phone call. Shelly, our dear angel Hannah's mom, called one evening to inform us she was "bringing over the Barbies." It was time to clear their bedroom of Hannah's massively huge and obviously pink three story Barbie house. And with the house came an under-the-bed size storage container of everything Barbie... you can only imagine the treasures inside. Shelly and JC, Hannah's parents, wanted to give all of Hannah's Barbies, accessories, house and VW Bug to the girls. We were speechless. And, so, back to my opening statement... "Where are the girls?"
Countless hours are spent playing Barbie. In fact, Claire wakes at the crack of dawn some mornings and goes to... you guessed it... the basement to play Barbie.
Here's a photo of Barbie central...
Lilly LOVES them! And, she especially loves that they were best friend Hannah's Barbies.
And so tonight, I eavesdropped a bit, then went and took these photos. As I got close to the Barbie house, Lilly informed me, "Look mom. It's fish night."
Oh yes, it's fish night alright. I suppose dinner's ready-No need to cook tonight. Barbie has it covered.

No comments: