Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Project #1... Complete!

My mom made stockings for Amy and me when we were little, and I always thought it was so neat that my stocking was handmade by mom. So, making stockings for my own girls has been a goal floating around in my head ever since they were born. At the end of the semester I began making Claire's stocking - I started on hers first because the Sugar Plum Fairy stocking Lilly chose is quite complex. I figured Claire's would be a good transition into the embroidery world.

It took me about 3 weeks (countless obsessive hours) to create the stocking for Claire, but I think it turned out well and will hopefully give her much joy during future Christmas seasons. For those of you who know me, you know that once I have a "project" I obsess about completing it.

Lilly's stocking kit is coming in the mail anyday, and as expected, she is very excited. Hopefully I will have a finished fairy stocking to post within the month. Until then...


No comments: