It was a monumental day, one I've been working for for over 3 1/2 years. The long process of my doctoral degree pretty much ended yesterday at my doctoral defense. For almost 3 hours, I presented my research and answered questions to my committee. It reminded me of my Master's thesis defense, but it was more intense. Rob and my dear friend Natalie were there for support, and I very much appreciated it. Throughout this entire process I was sincerely blessed to have the most amazing advisor who eventually became my dissertation chair, Dr. Luna. She reminds me lots of Dr. Canter from my undergrad program and Dr. Penner my Master's major professor- all strong women who are gifts to their profession. My defense was a success and was invigorating for me to once again become excited about the research that has been at the forefront of my life for the past year. At the end of the day, my chair told me my dissertation was being nominated for a state-wide award. She also asked me if I would be interested in teaching for the university part-time in the fall. What a great honor to top off an already unbelievable day. The entire experience was more than I could have hoped for. Thank you especially to Rob and Natalie for being there for me. I know that many of you were there in spirit, and I thank you.
Here's a photo of Dr. Luna and me..
So now what? Hmmm... let me get my list.
1 comment:
Many congratulations, Lori - now you can breathe a sigh of relief. Until the next big project gets you fired up! Congrats, Doctor!
Post a Comment