For months (7 months to be exact) Lilly's stocking has been under construction. I let her choose the stocking she wanted, and she chose the most complicated one - of course! After hours upon hours of stitching, embroidering, beading, stuffing and becoming cross-eyed, I finished Lilly's masterpiece- The Sugarplum Fairy. For the past several months she's voiced serious concern that the stocking wasn't done and hence Santa would not leave any toys. Nightly edicts sounded like this: "Mom, work on my stocking. Now! Now!"
You can relax now little Lilly, your beautiful stocking is hanging on its hook.
Pay attention Santa: Lilly already has a list of things to fill her stocking- a ballerina Darby Boll (Lilly speak for Barbie Doll) and candy. Time will tell whether or not Santa fulfills his end of the bargain. I've done mine- I've made the stocking. Santa can do the rest. :)
Happy stocking stuffing everyone!
2 comments:
Holy Cow! That is fantastic!
Wow, Lori. That is gorgeous! Now I feel even worse for not making a simple felt stocking for Park. I'm off to the fabric store today. Thanks for the inspiration and I'm sure Santa will stuff that stocking with a great deal of satisfaction.
Post a Comment