Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cinnamon roll follow-up

It should be no surprise we have been cooking again.
Last night before leaving for an event, we had the brilliant idea of making cinnamon roll dough in the bread machine- it would have been ready to roll out by the time we got home. Once rolled we could put them in the refrigerator and bake in the morning for breakfast. So, that is what we did.
The reason for this post is to tell you about an alteration I made to the recipe- an improvement.
Instead of adding 4 Cups all-purpose flour, as the original recipe asked, I added 3 cups all purpose (unbleached) and 1 cup whole wheat flour. This seems to be the perfect combination because the texture of the rolls was better than the original. I wanted you to know in case you take the time to make these yourself.
 To recap... my alterations from the original recipe
1. Flour alteration: 3C all-purpose flour and 1 C whole wheat flour
2. Frosting: combination of powdered sugar and milk
And, as the original recipe states, we also doubled the filling.
I hope you like them too!

1 comment:

Jenny Jenny said...

This looks awesome - gonna try it in my new bread machine (Christmas present - LOVE IT). Did you double the filling from what was written? Or is the recipe already have the filling doubled?
Now the fun part - high altitude baking... Bon Appetit and thanks for sharing - LOVE money saving mom!