Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunny with a Chance of Fun!

As a child, I absolutely loved the Scholastic book club. Mom spoiled Amy and me with this monthly mail order book club. All kids love mail, and all kids love books... what a perfect combination.
Way back in the day, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs came in the mail. I fell in love with it and read it over and over again. It is still in my top 10 all time book favorites, I think. In fact, this summer when mom, Amy and I sifted through old books in mom's basement, this was one book I had to find! Isn't it a beauty?
Fast forward to 2009... and low and behold if they didn't make a movie!

This weekend Lilly agreed to go to the movies with me- she is a great movie companion, and I was ashamed to go alone. So under the cover of taking my daughter to the show, we went.
But this time we didn't go alone -Shelly and Hannah met us. This is incredible considering Hannah had her major surgery just one week ago. When Hannah walked up to the ticket counter, Lilly saw her and gave her this embrace...
Here's the two just before the movie began. Shelly was away buying kiddie popcorn while I snapped a few pictures of the movie-goers. Hannah was cooperative and Lilly, eh, not so much.
The final weather report: one great show. Of course it differed from the book, but the movie is quite entertaining and lots of fun!
Put on your raincoat, grab an umbrella and head to a theater near you!

No comments: