Sunday, February 28, 2010

Paging Lilly's Parents...

Amy and I used to run away from our Mom at the mall when we were little. We'd hide in the clothing racks at Dillard's and get lost- which was cause for an overhead announcement being made across the entire department store. Well this weekend it was Rob's turn. While I was at my gardening class, Rob took the girls to the Chandler Library. Before I left the house, Lilly was playing dress-up. She was wearing a pink leotard and outrageously huge hot pink tutu, almost a giant petticoat, Nana had given her; Lilly was planning on wearing this to the library. Imagine the site when they walked through the library doors. Of course, the girls wanted to be in two different places, so Claire ran off. Rob chased her. Lilly sauntered down the stairs in her pink petticoat to the front exit where she was stopped by a nice lady at the front desk. The next thing Rob heard was... "Would the parents of Lilly Katherine please come to the Resource desk." I imagine the lady asked Lilly what her last name was, but no one understands that even when spoken clearly by an adult, let alone a 3 year old!? When Rob arrived to claim Lilly, she was coloring. Later that afternoon when I arrived home, Lilly casually told me, "I don't like going to the library with Dad. He got mad at me for coloring at the desk." That's an interesting point of view, don't you think?

No comments: