Little Claire has become quite the early bird- awaking at 5am, sometimes 4am. This does not bode well with Lilly nor Rob nor me, as we would prefer to sleep until at least 6:30!
Claire is able to escape her crib and prowl the house without so much as a peep- just the quiet creek of her bedroom door.
Yesterday I heard her escape her room around 5am, and then I didn't hear much from her at all for about 10 minutes- it was eerily quiet in the house, so my suspicions arose. Upon investigation I found her in Lilly's room. Lights were on, Claire was busy and Lilly was still sound asleep in her bed. I tried to quietly coax Claire away from the hanging tent that encases Lilly's play kitchen, but Claire was insistent on staying. "Eggs" she asked, "mas eggs?" I peeled back the curtain that hid the kitchen only to find eggs, the real eggs that were supposed to be in the real refrigerator in the real kitchen. Instead, Claire had cracked them all over Lilly's play stove and was pretending to make breakfast. I gasped in horror as I saw egg white goop down the side of the stove and egg yolk spread all over the carpet. Claire was all smiles and very proud of her breakfast creation. The only good thing was only 4 eggs were left in the 18 pack to begin with. Does anyone know how to remove egg from carpet?
And then this morning... same type of situation. At 6am Lilly ran to our room in an uproar, "Mom, Claire has beans all over the kitchen- the beans you use for banana bread." My mind was racing...Beans and banana bread? Oh geez, Lilly meant flax seed. Claire had taken it upon herself to unload an entire 1 quart ziploc of flax seed all over the kitchen. I turned to Rob and said, "Your turn to clean."
Needless to say, Rob is now at Lowes investigating ways to lock the fridge, we will utilize the lock on the pantry door tonight, and we will seal up anything else that could become Claire's next victim.
Claire, please learn to sleep until at least 6:30!
No comments:
Post a Comment