Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lilly has a dream

Last Friday, before the MLK holiday weekend, Lilly learned about MLK at preschool. When I walked in to her classroom, she told me, "Martin Luther King Junior is in heaven." Once home, Rob emptied her backpack and found an activity from the day. Lilly worked on a project entitled "I have a dream." Apparently Lilly's teacher asked each child what their dream was, then wrote it down for them. What was Lilly's dream?  When Rob opened her backpack, Lilly's "I have a dream" paper read...
"To be a mommy"
How cute is that?
We asked her how many children she would like, and she said, "fifty five."  WOW.
Fast forward to last evening.  I returned home from visiting a friend in the hospital who just had a baby. I parked the car in the garage, and Lilly bolted out the door from the house. She just couldn't wait to tell me."Mom, I am strong. I picked up Maggie." Oh my!  I asked Rob about it, and he said Lilly picked up Maggie when his back was turned. She was proud of being "so strong" that she wanted to show me herself. So, I grabbed the camera...

 This smile was plastered on Lilly's face for the rest of the evening. 
We had a nice talk with Lilly about how Maggie is fragile and is not a toy; we told her she isn't allowed to pick her up unsupervised. We'll see how this goes...

No comments: