Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lilly's big day

When Lilly awoke this morning, she was so excited you would have thought today was Christmas.
A little background... About a month ago, the PTA at school held an online auction. I bid on a few things, including a "Kindergarten Teacher for the Day" with Lilly's teacher. 
Well, wouldn't you know, I won the auction. 
Today was the day... Lilly was the teacher.
Her teacher sent home a note a few days ago outlining Lilly's responsibilities which included... leading circle time, reading a story to the class, helping the teacher ALL day, going to lunch with the teacher, etc etc. As you can imagine, Lilly had a hard time falling asleep last night- too much excitement for her big day! We've practiced her story all week long; last night she patiently read each page of her book and showed each illustration to the stuffed animals in her room.
So, when we arrived early at school - to help set up the room for the day, of course, Lilly was all smiles. Here she is with her teacher and her new personalized clip board given to her by her teacher. Every aspiring teacher must have one of these...
Here is Miss Lilly sitting in the "teacher chair" in the classroom before school...
I couldn't be with her in class today, but one of the other moms texted me this photo. Here's Lilly reading her book, Wemberly's Ice-cream Star to the class.
And, again, as sent to my phone from a parent volunteer, here is Lilly helping the other students in computer lab. According to the parent, Jenny, Lilly had the best day!
When I picked Lilly up from school, she was all smiles. I asked her what she liked best about her day and she said, "I liked getting to do everything." At Lilly's request, her teacher took her to In-n-Out Burger for lunch.
Lilly also told me she asked her classmates to call her "Mrs. Lilly"- and they did, all day. Upon leaving the school, one of her classmates said she wished Lilly could be the teacher every day. Lilly grinned. Then, Lilly proceeded to tell me, "Mom, you'd better win the auction again next year."

No comments: