Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa encounter 2011

Santa is becoming more of a fictional character at our house; we are slowing getting away from making him such a big deal around the holidays. Lilly has already asked "Is Santa a REAL man, mom?" To which I replied, "Santa is the spirit of giving." I remember my mom using that line on me when I was little. The focus of Christmas should be Jesus' birthday, of course. But, Santa is still an integral part of the season- he is everywhere- so we had to pay him a visit. My sister, Amy, would be proud that I took advantage of the "free" photo and time with Santa at the Bass Pro Shop. Nice!
 Though the photo above doesn't show it, Maggie was excited for her first Santa encounter. It just so happened our visit landed during her usual nap time, so she was in need of her morning snooze. Here she is beforehand... happy as can be.
 Oh but wait...
What's a trip to Bass Pro without the opportunity to shoot your first rifle, a pink rifle? The big girls took in some target practice...

 There was also an indoor carousel, crafts and the always impressive fish tank.
Who knows, maybe we bought you some taxidermy while we were there!?

No comments: