Who knew cereal had the power to influence the behavior of a kindergartener?
A little background.... In Lilly's math class at school, there is a reinforcement for good behavior. The teacher and her aid will comment on a child's ability to get their work done in a timely fashion by telling the child, "You're on fire!" Then, the aid will draw a little lightening bolt on the child's hand. Each time I've volunteered in class and seen this occur, the children always grin from ear to ear.
So last night at dinner Lilly announced, "I was on fire today!" Then, this morning, when asked what she wanted for breakfast, she said "I want honey cheerios so I can be on fire. That's what I ate yesterday."
You can imagine what came later tonight... Yes, at dinner Lilly announced again, "I was on fire AGAIN in math today." She then proceeded to say, "I need to eat honey cheerios every day so I can always be on fire." I told her she could probably eat some different foods and still be on fire in math class. She disagreed.
We'll see how many boxes of honey cheerios she eats before she figures this one out. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment