Saturday, February 19, 2011

Enchanted Apples

We have a new favorite movie at our house...
 Lilly and Claire LOVE this movie and ask to watch it all the time. Rob and I have it memorized, I think. It is a really cute show, I have to admit. What little girl doesn't like a story with lots of fairy tales wrapped into one? At the end of the movie, Giselle bites a poisoned apple and falls into a deep sleep. And, as the story goes, she doesn't wake until kissed by her prince.
Anyway, when she takes a bite, she drops the apple, and it rolls down the steps and across the dance floor

So the other day, I was working on my computer in the dining room while the girls watched the show in the family room. I heard Lilly tell Claire, "Drop it and let it roll." Later, when I walked in the kitchen I noticed all of the apples were gone. Then, upon further investigation, I found them scattered around the living room. Lilly and Claire had been acting out the part in the show where Giselle bites the apple. So, next time I buy delicious apples, I'd better make sure they're mostly put away when "Enchanted" is on. 
These are the apples used in only one viewing of the show.
 The dietitian in me at least is happy they were eating their fruit. :)

No comments: