Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

It's a day to remember those who have served our country... red, white and blue all the way.
We would consider ourselves a patriotic family. We have a love for our country, a respect for our military and a belief in the conservative and Christian principles that founded our great nation.
So, Happy Memorial Day to all of you.
I have always admired the bunting that hangs from my mom's front porch each Fourth of July, so guess what... now I have one too! Special thanks to Rob for hanging this on short notice!
 Friends came over for dinner... grilled rosemary pizza, veggies, fruit, Rob's homemade hummus, my deep dish apple pie and homemade vanilla ice cream... yum!
After dinner, Maggie enjoyed her first ride in the baby swing.
Special thanks to my friend Heather whose blog inspired me to make these marshmallows for the kiddos... There's nothing more exciting to a child than sugar on a stick!
Claire agrees!
The whole display...
Maggie's friend Tess loved being outside to enjoy the uncommon 80 degree weather. For once the holiday weather was nice! Tess is just one month younger than Maggie.
Maggie was excited to have friends over to play, and she loved swinging on Dad's lap.
Lilly and the boys played on the swing set for quite awhile. The photo is blurry, but it captures her smile nonetheless. Trent had a good time too.
Last weekend we were at another party where Lilly played with a different set of friends. I overheard Lilly say to one little boy, "Ok, pretend you are going to ask me to the ball, and I will say I can't go." What is that all about? Kids!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: