Sunday, May 15, 2011

Zoo time

Before the real heat of summer arrives, we thought we'd better get to the zoo. It was a cool 90 or so degree day with lots of sun- a great recipe for a zoo adventure. So, off we went. We had every intention of playing in the splash pad, but once we pulled in the zoo parking lot, I realized I'd left the swimsuits at home. Oh well. We had fun regardless. :)

Here's Lilly sporting her new shades from Shelly.
These are her "Hannah shades."
 Claire prefers the squint to wearing shades.
 Lilly and Claire love watching the turtles and fish from above. Claire has to get on her tippy toes to see over the ledge.
 Since Maggie is the only one using the stroller, Claire used Dad for a ride when she got a blister on her toe. Ouch! Look at those dirty feet.
 We visited the friendly elephants...
 Maggie was quite taken with the alligators...
Here's Ariel, I mean Lilly, sitting in a giant clam shell. Rob told her to show us her "princess pose" and this is what he got...
 It's always a great day at the zoo!

No comments: